This course is designed for anyone in the community and workplace setting, and will cover the following topics:
- Sudden cardiac arrest and how to recognize an emergency
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) for adult, child and infant patients
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use for adult, child and infant patients
- Airway obstruction (choking) for adult, child and infant patients
- Working as a team to provide rescue efforts
This course is best for:
- athletic coaches/staff
- fitness instructors
- personal trainers
- new parents and families
- workplace training
- community members interested in learning CPR AED
Digital certification cards are issued through the Health & Safety Institute (HSI) and are valid for 2 years. Cards are issued via email within 24 hours of completing your class.
If you specifically need certification from the American Heart Association, please contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is not appropriate for healthcare providers. If you are a healthcare professional, please register for the BLS Provider course.