This course is designed to teach students how to recognize a patient requires medical oxygen and how to administer oxygen safely. Students will:
- Recognize signs of hypoxia
- Learn to operate a Pulse Oximeter
- Assemble an oxygen cylinder and regulator
- Set an oxygen regulator to the correct flow rate
- Use a BVM, and connect it to oxygen
- Assemble and place an oxygen mask
This class can be added to any CPR class. Examples of groups that may need this training include those persons that assist with SCUBA diving operations, operate in confined space/oxygen deficient atmospheres, or are a part of a first responder team.
This course is offered in both the traditional classroom, or blended/online formats.